Find Legal Help and Information
If you are looking for legal assistance, one or more of the following site may be able to help:
• MassLegalHelp: this web site will help you find practical information about your legal rights in Massachusetts.
• Legal Resource Finder: The Legal Resource Finder search results will give you contact information for legal aid programs, nonprofits, government agencies and court programs that may be able to help you with your legal issue for free or at a low cost. It will also give you links to legal information and self-help materials.
• Ask a Law Librarian: six different ways to get answers to legal questions from a Massachusetts law librarian.
• The Massachusetts Trial Court: find information on how the Massachusetts Court System operates and how to find a lawyer and locate other services that might be available to you.
• Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation: information about programs that offer legal advice and representation to low-income Massachusetts residents with civil legal problems involving issues such as domestic violence, housing, income maintenance, health care, elder issues, and more.
• Learn more about Court Service Centers and the Trial Court’s other access to justice initiatives.